Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lime Garlic Marinated London Broil

I normally cook steaks on the grill.  But since it's been raining a lot lately (Egads!  In Southern California?!), the grill is currently waterlogged and so I had to resort to the broiler.  This was my first attempt at broiling a piece of steak, I kept it in a few minutes too long so it turned out med-well instead of my preferred medium or med-rare.  I had it in there for 10 mins per side, next time I'll probably go for 7 or 8 mins per side (I reflected that in my directions below).

This recipe is pretty subtle.  If you want more kick to your steak, go heavy on the seasoned salt.

Lime Garlic Marinated London Broil
I made this one up myself based on what I had in the pantry.















Ingredients:

  • 1.5 - 2 lb London broil steak, all visible fat removed
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 large lime, juiced
  • 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt
Directions:
  • Place all ingredients into a zippered plastic bag.  Mush it all around to make sure the steak is well coated.  Refrigerate 12-24 hours, occasionally turning the bag to make sure both sides get marinated.
  • When ready to cook, preheat broiler.  Remove steak from bag and broil until desired doneness (7-8 minutes per side for medium).
  • Remove from broiler and let sit for 15 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.

No comments:

Post a Comment