Thursday, March 18, 2010

Impromptu Green Bean and Whatever Salad

My evening class got canceled today, YAY! Well, YAY for me, sorry for my teacher who is at home sick. :-( It's an absolutely beautiful day out, the sun is shining and it's about 72 degrees. Perfect park weather for a quick afternoon Moms' Group outing with the little tot.

I didn't feel like eating my boxed leftover lunch today, so I rummaged through the fridge and pantry to see what I had on hand. Some leftover green beans, a ripe avocado, and a box of baby heirloom tomatoes. I was debating between the pouch of tuna fish and the can of sardines. Tuna fish won out today, but I think next time I'll do the sardines. Gotta get in those weekly Omega-3s. :-)

Impromptu Green Bean and Whatever Salad
Based on whatever was in my fridge and pantry.
















Ingredients:
  • a handful of steamed green beans, cut into bite-size pieces
  • a handful of baby heirloom tomatoes, halved or quartered
  • half an avocado, diced
  • some crumbled goat cheese for the tang
  • a pouch of tuna fish
  • Newman's Own Light Italian dressing
Directions:
  • Toss everything in a bowl and eat.
YUM!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment