Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing

I learned how to make this dressing during one of my stays in France. When I was an undergrad, I spent a summer with a host family in Tours, and every evening for dinner we'd have some type of salad, and Jacques and Helene (my host parents) would always make this dressing. Fresh, tangy and yummy.

Make sure you use high quality ingredients, it really does affect the taste.

Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing















Ingredients:
  • Dijon mustard
  • freshly-squeezed lemon juice
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • salt (I used Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt today)
  • freshly ground pepper
Directions:
  • Ratios are 1 part Dijon mustard to 2 parts lemon juice to 4 parts EVOO.
  • Whisk together the first 3 ingredients until well blended and emulsified.  
  • Add salt and pepper generously to taste.
I couldn't find my mini whisk today, so I put all the ingredients into my little stainless steel Thermos bottle and shook it up.  

It's great over green salads, fish, chicken, and today I poured it over some sliced oranges and grapefruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment