Monday, September 20, 2010

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

I remember when I did my internship in Lille, France, I lived "on campus" and the cafeteria served Brussels sprouts about twice a week. But they were the gross over-cooked, mushy, tasteless boiled kind. I'm not a big fan of boiled anything (except eggs).

A few years ago when I started following the South Beach Diet, I figured I'd give Brussels sprouts a second chance. But this time they were to be oven-roasted, not boiled. Wow, what a difference a technique makes! And these are so good, even the hubs loves them!


Roasted Brussels Sprouts
















Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs. fresh Brussels sprouts, washed and drained, halved
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt to taste
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • Toss all the ingredients in a large bowl.  Spread the sprouts out, single layer, onto a baking sheet.
  • Roast in oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
If you like them slightly firm (like me), aim for 20 minutes.  If you like them soft, aim for 25 minutes.  Be careful not to burn them.  Burnt Brussels sprouts = burnt cabbage = le yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment