Thursday, September 9, 2010

Parmesan Sirloin Burgers

I'm normally not a "burger-type gal," but occasionally I'll crave one.  It has to be gourmet, though, no Mickey D's or Burger King.  I do love me a good burger from Red Robin or Fatburger.  But I mostly love making them myself at home.  Burgers are SO EASY to make, and you can add just about anything to them to suit your style.  Tonight's version was a parmesan sirloin patty. YUM!
Parmesan Sirloin Burgers


Ingredients:

  • 1/2 lb ground sirloin
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • a few generous dashes of Worcestershire sauce
  • a few generous twists of the black pepper grinder
  • Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt to taste
  • PAM
Directions:
  • In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together and form into patties.
  • Spray both sides of patties with PAM.  (Or if you prefer, spray your grill instead.)
  • Place patties on grill on medium-high heat and cook to your liking.
Tonight I happened to have a sourdough baguette from Boudin, so I formed oval patties instead of round ones, and served them on baguette slices, topped with yummy California avocado.  If you want to be strictly SBD, serve on whole wheat buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment