Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Off Topic - Swimming Pool Cake

I just wanted to post a couple of photos of the cake I made for today's Moms Group's 2-year anniversary. The theme was supposed to be pool party, but it ended up being too chilly to swim. But that didn't stop me from making a pool-themed cake.

I've been baking and decorating cakes as a hobby since I was 10 years old. It's a royal pain in the ass (too many ingredients, too many tools, and way too much clean-up at the end), but sooooooo fun and rewarding.

This is absolutely NOT SBD legal.  The cake is a devil's food chocolate cake from this Food Network recipe.  It's absolutely delicious and I highly recommend it.  The frosting is a simple buttercream, and the "water" is Wilton's piping gel with blue food coloring added to it.  The kiddos are gingerbread cookies iced with a simple powdered-sugar-and-milk cookie icing.


No comments:

Post a Comment