Sunday, September 12, 2010

Grilled Ginger Salmon Brochettes

I thought I'd already posted this recipe, but after looking through my archives, I see that I have not.

This week Henry's had fresh (not frozen!) wild (not farm-raised!) king salmon fillets on sale for $6.99/lb.  Six dollars and ninety-nine cents per pound!  That's an awesome deal!  So of course I had to snatch some up.

Grilled Ginger Salmon Brochettes
















Ingredients:
  • 1 pound fresh wild salmon fillet, skinned, boned and cubed
  • a couple tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Directions:
  • Soak some wooden skewers in water for a few minutes.  This will help prevent them from burning on the grill.
  • Place cubed salmon fillets in a mixing bowl.  Add rest of the ingredients and toss.  Let sit for 5 minutes.
  • Skewer the salmon onto the soaked skewers.  I like to use double skewers so they're easier to flip on the grill without having the salmon rotate and spin on the axis.
  • Place onto a hot grill and cook on high for a few minutes on each side.  Serve immediately.
Eat more fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment