Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sauteed Kale and Tomato

Kale.  It's my new favorite green.  Seriously.  It's robust, flavorful, and chewy and crunchy at the same time.  I had some beautiful tomatoes today so I thought I'd sauté them up together.  I loved it.  Hubby didn't care for the tomato part, so I'll try this again another time without the tomato (maybe with mushrooms?).

Sautéed Kale and Tomato
















Ingredients:
  • olive oil
  • 3 medium tomatoes, sliced and seeded
  • A big bunch of kale, chopped into bite-size pieces, washed and drained
  • Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt
  • Tastefully Simple Onion Onion
Directions:
  • In a large pan, drizzle a couple tablespoons of olive oil.
  • Add the tomato and sauté on medium-high heat until soft (approximately 5 minutes).
  • Add the kale, a few dashes of TSSS and a few dashes of TSOO. 
  • Sauté until the kale is soft but still slightly crunchy/chewy (approximately 3 minutes).
  • Serve immediately.
We had this tonight as a side to some Simple Snapper and yams.

1 comment:

  1. delicious!! and so simple and easy. thanks for introducing me to kale. it's not so intimidating anymore. :D

    ReplyDelete