Tuesday, November 4, 2014

GF Dijon Meatloaf Muffins

I like meatloaf.  But I don't like ketchup.  (I know, crazy, right?)  So here is a quick and easy version using Dijon mustard instead.  I love Dijon mustard.  :-)  This version is also gluten-free.  I replaced the typical bread crumbs with buckwheat flour.  You could also use a GF oat flour, too.

And I divided the meat into muffin molds for easy individual servings.  BOOM!

Also check out my previous, and fancier, meatloaf recipe: Mustard-Dill Meatloaf Patties with Pomegranate Sauce.  (See?  Mustard.  Not ketchup.  :-D)
 
Gluten-Free Dijon Meatloaf Muffins


Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 pound ground sirloin
  • 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
  • 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (plus more for topping)
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • several generous dashes of (a GF brand of) Worcestershire sauce
  • many turns of the black pepper grinder
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray 6 wells of a muffin tin with olive oil and set aside.
  • Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes.  Pour into a mixing bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
  • Add the rest of ingredients to the onion/garlic mixture and combine with your fingers.  (Yes, fingers are better than a spoon or spatula!)  Be light, don't smoosh!
  • Divide the meat mixture evenly into the 6 greased muffin wells.  Pat down lightly.
  • Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.  Then increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F and continue baking for another 5-7 minutes, until the muffins are cooked through and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
  • Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.  Run a butter knife around the muffins to remove them from the tin.  Top with more Dijon mustard before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Looks really good, I'm trying to stay away from gluten (and flour) all together so I've been looking for more recipes to throw into the mix. I have to admit I do looooove me some ketchup so that might have to be a last minute addition to my plate when I make it =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all good, I'm always fiddling w/ recipes to suit my tastes. It's about experimenting and making it work for YOU with what YOU like to eat. :-)

      Delete