Saturday, August 16, 2014

Roasted Green Beans

Everything tastes better roasted, right?  I normally steam my green beans, or sauté them with garlic and olive oil, but since I already had the oven on today for some orange-soy ribs, I figured I'd use it to roast the green beans as well.

I seasoned with coriander and cumin, but you could use whatever flavors you like.  I've done it with a sprinkle of curry powder before, and that was also yum!

Roasted Green Beans


Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds green beans, washed, trimmed and blot-dried with a kitchen towel
  • 1/2-ish teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2-ish teaspoon salt (I used pink Himalayan)
  • 1/4-ish teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/4-ish teaspoon ground cumin
  • 2-ish tablespoons olive oil
  • lemon wedge (optional)
Directions:
  • Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
  • Make sure your beans are pretty dry.  I find patting them down with a kitchen towel after washing does the trick.  You want to minimize moisture because you want them to roast, not steam.  
  • On a large sheet pan, toss the green beans with the spices and olive oil. Spread the beans out into a single layer and roast for about 15 minutes, giving them a quick toss halfway through. You want them to be ever so lightly browned and caramelized.
  • Remove from oven and spritz with lemon wedge.  Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment