Saturday, August 3, 2013

Watermelon and Grape Smoothie

It is HOT out today.  We went to the Farmer's Market near closing time and I snagged two small watermelons for a great price.  Then we ran a bunch of errands, and when we all got home, we were hot and tired.  So I figured, what better way to use up one of the sweet, juicy watermelons than in an ice cold smoothie?  I had some leftover grapes and threw those in as well.  So refreshing!

Watermelon and Grape Smoothie




















Ingredients:
  • watermelon, cut into small chunks, seeds removed if necessary
  • seedless green grapes
  • crushed ice cubes (or whole ice cubes if your blender is strong enough)
  • lemon wedges
  • honey (optional)
Directions:
  • Add watermelon, grapes and crushed ice cubes to your blender.  I used a 2:1:1 ratio (2 parts watermelon, 1 part grapes, 1 part crushed ice cubes)  and it was perfect.  Spritz in some lemon juice.  My watermelon was a little on the bland side, so I added a drizzle of honey.
  • Blend until smooth and enjoy.

1 comment: