Thursday, May 30, 2013

Chopped Cucumber, Tomato and Apple Salad

ETA on 6/11/13:  I made this today and added 1/2 of an avocado, diced.  The creamy avocado was so good with the crunchy cucumbers and apple.

Think salads need to have lettuce in them?  Think again.  I love chopped salads and they are just fine and delicious either with or without lettuce.  I'm taking the kiddos to the park for a picnic in a little bit, and here's what I packed for myself.  Refreshing on a hot day.

Chopped Cucumber, Tomato and Apple Salad















Ingredients:
  • 2 Persian cucumbers, chopped
  • handful of grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 a Fuji apple, chopped
  • couple tablespoons of crumbled Feta
  • a drizzle of Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
Directions:
  • Toss all the ingredients together in a bowl.  Refrigerate for 15 minutes before digging in.

No comments:

Post a Comment