Monday, October 8, 2012

Sprouted Bean Soup

Last week I started sprouting beans.  I sprouted some garbanzos and some adzukis.  The garbanzos are delicious eaten raw; I ate the entire first batch in a few days.  The raw adzukis did not taste good to me, they were a little too spicy/bitter.  So I thought I'd throw them in a soup for today's Meatless Monday menu.  It was really good.  I love me some random soups.  :-)

Sprouted Bean Soup















Ingredients:
  • 1 carton (4 cups) vegetable broth
  • 4 cups water
  • 2 cups sprouted adzuki beans
  • 1 cup sprouted garbanzo beans
  • 1 (15  oz.) can of diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
  • 1/4 lb. dry whole wheat shell pasta
  • Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt, to taste
 Directions:
  • In a large dutch oven, bring the broth and water to a boil.  Add in the beans and tomatoes.  Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cook, covered, until the beans soften (but are not mush), 45 mins - 1 hour.  I like my beans with a little texture, but if you like them softer, go ahead and simmer them for longer.
  • Add in the cauliflower and pasta and bring to a boil.  Cook for another 15 minutes.  Season with TSSS to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment