Sunday, September 2, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Salad

I was craving buffalo wings this weekend.  There's something so delicious about crispy, juicy, spicy wings dipped into cool ranch dressing.  DROOL!

I thought I'd throw something together that was a little healthier.  I bought a bottle of Frank's Original Hot Sauce, heated it up with a little Smart Balance, tossed in some cooked shredded chicken breast, and threw it over a green salad.  YUM!

Buffalo Chicken Salad















Ingredients:
  • 2-ish tablespoons Smart Balance
  • 1/2-ish cup Frank's Original Hot Sauce
  • 3-ish cups cooked shredded chicken breast
Directions:
  • Melt the Smart Balance in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat.  Once it's melted, add the hot sauce and bring to a simmer.
  • Add in the chicken, toss well, and heat through.

I spooned it over a green salad and drizzled with reduced-fat ranch dressing.  I'll be using the leftovers tomorrow for buffalo chicken sandwiches with whole wheat rolls.  I'm a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment