Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mozzarella, Tomato and Avocado Salad

This was so simple, yet so delicious.  It has 3 of my favorite foods: cheese, lusciously sweet grape tomatoes, and rich creamy avocado.  The original recipe calls for fresh herbs, but I only had dried, so that's what I used.  My local supermarket carries BelGioioso (LOVE!) mozzarella "pearls", which are the perfect size for this dish.

I made just enough for a single serving for me, but this dish is very easily made in medium batches for a family, or big batches for a party.  

Mozzarella, Tomato and Avocado Salad
Taken from this recipe.















Ingredients:
  • 1 oz. mozzarella "pearls", drained
  • 1 small handful grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 avocado, diced
  • juice of 1/2 a small lime
  • a couple dashes of salt and black pepper
  • a dash of dried basil
  • a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
Directions:
  • Toss everything together in a bowl.
You can cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to let everything marinate, or do as I did today (last-minute-like) and eat it right away.

1 comment:

  1. Mozzarella Salad Avocado / Tomato/
    .
    .
    .
    http://foof-drink.blogspot.com/2014/07/mozzarella-salad-avocado-tomato.html

    ReplyDelete