Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Crunchy Buckwheat Granola

Love love love this recipe!  Love the crunch.  Love that it's not overly sweet.  Love that it's healthy.  And oh, did I already mention that I love the crunch?  :-)  The tangy dried cranberries go perfectly with the slightly sweet crunch.  It's great as a yogurt topping, or with milk in the morning in place of your normal cereal, or just eaten straight from the container.

I can't seem to find my 9"x9" square metal pan -- I think it's still in one of our storage boxes somewhere.  So I just used my bundt pan; worked just fine.  I could have used my sheet pan, but opted against that since it would have been a little difficult to stir thoroughly without the stuff going overboard the shallow sides.

Crunchy Buckwheat Granola
From this recipe here.
















Ingredients:
  • 2 cups uncooked rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup whole almonds, roughly chopped
  • 3/4 cup uncooked buckwheat groats
  • 3/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
  • In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the dried cranberries.
  • Spread loosely into a 9"x9" metal baking pan (or in this case, a bundt pan)
  • Bake for 1 hour, stirring thoroughly at 30 minutes.  (I stirred again at 45 mins.)
  • Remove from oven and stir in cranberries.
  • Stir occasionally while cooling to reduce clumping.
  • Cool completely before putting into an airtight container.
Tip: After you add the oil, use the same measuring cup for the honey.  The residual "lube" from the oil will help the honey slide out of the measuring cup much better, no scraping required.

No comments:

Post a Comment