Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cordon Bleu-ish Chicken

I love love love chicken cordon bleu, but the traditional recipe is soooooo heavy in calories and fat that it's a definite no-go when you're trying to eat healthy. So over the years I've developed my own version. Baked instead of fried, and sans sauce, but still very yummy. I also don't pound out my chicken breasts, but you can if you have the time.

Cordon Bleu-ish Chicken
















Ingredients:
  • PAM
  • 4 medium chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, all visible fat removed
  • 4 deli slices of ham (I used Black Forest ham)
  • 4 deli slices of cheese (usually Swiss, but I used Provolone tonight)
  • Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray a baking pan with PAM.
  • Butterfly the chicken breasts.  (Pound them out to 1/4" thickness if you desire.)
  • Open up the breasts and stuff each one with a folded slice of ham and a folded slice of cheese.
  • Close up the breasts and place them in the sprayed baking pan.  Sprinkle with TSSS.
  • Bake until cooked through, approximately 25-30 minutes.
Bon appetit!

1 comment: